Wednesday, October 17, 2012

inert gilbert

who is she?  
i've seen her before, 
and now she's pretending to be in this family 
making spaghetti. 

an old favorite of mine 
i have to be reminded of it, 
i seem to have evaporated 
in the bioluminuscent sand.  

the membrane between
a split sandwich's halves.

paper lanterns burn down my face
when the festival floats 
into my mouth gradually
and fills it.
i wake up towards the end, 
when my eyelids turn molten
and evaporate permanently.

as i walk through the school hall
and my glasses shift, i think
is this acid flashback going to drop me off 
in the ocean?

when i wake up from my thoughts
i notice that i'm screaming over the interstate.
i could see the bottom.
let me sleep and never speak
accidentally. 
when you get in my dream
to apologize, let me go deaf 
with the blood
that is coming out of my erased brain.

my apologies are subpar.  
my heartburn is worse.

mind the records 
gapped and missing,
divots of info out.
when lands take back their artifacts 
share me your line 
i'll share you.

a girl 
whose mind 
is implanted in a chimp
after a body-ending accident.
seems like a reasonable excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment