Wednesday, April 10, 2013

THE FLOCK LEAVER


are you my mother still
when i feed you 
when i say "this is why i'd be a bad parent! (all poems no promises)"
i'd be a good parent
except in the evolutionary sense.
my offspring will be equipped 
to be banishéd.
fake babys of the mind.
this is why i can't have a dog
i forget or a cat i forget
what suffer means
came from songs.
i got jilted once and now
the middle of my tree is jiltwood.
you will never convince me
that i'm not a puke bucket.
make me a jenga tower
put away the heir there.
this me doesn't need it soft or nice
this me needs it to durate 
least that's what my boots say.
i've fallen from standing height
i've jumped from tall walls
and pretended to be dead
to the horror of my sister.
if i die now before i make a person
it's her who will keep me best.

No comments:

Post a Comment